Okay, "I will survive" is not related to Rocky movies. "the survivor" is (are?)... Anyway, because of built-in hardware support for cutting-edge network cards and protocol that Ubuntu can't dream of, I've got to get comfortable with the RockyLinux distribution while I've never really been a fan of RedHat way-of-doing-things. A few mappings for commands I need to remember ...
| apt-get install | yum install | ||
| /etc/init.d/networking restart | systemctl restart NetworkManager.service | ||
| apt-file search path/to/file | dnf provides path/to/file | ||
| yum whatprovides path/to/file | |||
| @unknown@ | systemctl stop firewalld |

Vote for your favourite post

1 comment:
Not too sure about the "rescue" option of the boot system. It really consumes a lot of space on /boot, which made an update fail and system wouldn't boot at all anymore.
The "system recovery" mode from the install .iso is lacking the friendliness of live+install CDs I've grown used to, but it can either help me chrooting the system I try to recover (e.g. to install missing grub items) or drop me straight into a shell (e.g. to resize2fs /boot after partition has been moved and resized by gparted from the remnant of the co-existing ubuntu filesystem installed on that drive)
Post a Comment