Monday, April 26, 2021

pyramt.map

Files transferred. Last week, I had just complete mess of tiles, some even not part of the file, but things remaining from the previous level. Hopefully, each of these level worked fine in the level editor on the NDS.

With a bit of tweaking, I could also get the shown in runMe. After I remembered I had a button to show the loading log in case of failure, I realised I had a few files missing (mostly .gam files) and I could get school title screen working with sprites as well.

But as far as pyramids and green zone maps are concerned, I'm still trying to get them working. Dreams.nds itself triggers a blue screen somewhere in GobAnim::translatecommands.

Avec un peu d'astuce, je peux maintenant avoir un niveau "pyramidesque" dans l'éditeur comme dans runMe. Pour runMe, il aura fallu que je me souvienne d'activer l'affichage du log (parce que oui, il est toujours là, juste caché), histoire de réaliser que la DS n'a pas le fichier .gam demandé. L'éditeur de niveau peut passer par-dessus un problème de ce genre, mais pas le moteur de jeu. 

One thing, though. It's nice to have a memory crawler embedded into my exception handler, but I should make sure it doesn't trash the precious registers I had on-screen when I'm exploring invalid addresses (first, because it is impossible to hop from 0x0b00xxxx stack addresses to 0x020xxxxx heap/code without entering some invalid addresses, and second because moving down to higher addresses makes the DPAD to enter addresses confusing at best)


 


No comments: