Saturday, July 27, 2019

Refactoring "QuickGo" widget

I'm trying to make that "mini-map" widget better following good practice software engineering, so that I could maintain the rest of the tool more easily. I've done that refactoring one small touch at a time, in usually one-hour session while it was damn hot outside and while kids were sleeping in the living room.

It looks like I've introduced a few bugs with the refactoring, though. It's been a while since I didn't get something that messy !

edit: oh, btw, that got fixed through early August.

And yeah, I know, it's a bit odd to keep blogging such things. Likely something that is both a public version control and a social website would do the job, and 'github' would immediately come to mind. Unfortunately, A) I hardly trust Microsoft to keep running github nicely and B) github doesn't work with my boox device >_<

No comments: