Monday, August 17, 2026

Testing landing-on-slope

 

While reviewing the "tiled" chapter produced by my blogpress tools, I remembered that landing on a slope still produces odd effects from time to time. And then came an idea to reproduce these conditions in the unit-test environment.

Just as I was observing that the "dkp54" branch has been around from a long time and so has been the "cflags" branch and that "right, I promised myself I wouldn't merge things unless I've first checked they still pass automated tests."

And unfortunately, right then, the tests were not passing, they were crashing. First with an exception and then with a segmentation fault. The "offending" commit was something from 2025, a few lines that will report (rather than ignore) syntax errors within the GobState parsing.

It took some times to identify where the error was introduced, much less to fix it (hopefully) and so the 'dkp' branch (toolkit update) is now finally merged and the cflags can be just that: a branch propagating the new collision mechanism (and not a adventurous combination of features).

No comments: