Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Other perspectives

I should possibly call them 'projections', because a perspective is something where distances shorten coherently when things are further away, and typically will never have parallel segments to depict things that are parallel in the 3D world. 

And I don't have to make the height of the front face shorter than the width of the same cube. If I do, it will be a stylistic choice of mine. 

cyangmou: Really depends on the type of projection you use. You can use foreshortening, but you don't have to, as long as it is consistent between the objects you are using. I mean it's more about the consistency of the general ruleset which is applied. e.g.:
I'll have to keep that in mind before setting the pixel sizes into stone tiles.

 (There's more about isometric pixel art tutorials in Cyangmou's "Pixel Art Knowledge" collection, of course)


1 comment:

cyangmou said...

Twitter might not let you find me anymore...