Here's at last the demonstration of game engine improvement and new graphics for the School Zone, on a temporary soundtrack by Cyborg Jeff.
There's no "gameplay" or "mission" yet: you can navigate through a single map, bop sponges and dumbladors and track bugs (there sure are some). The ink doesn't hurt yet, but the baddies do. How many roll-jump can you chain ?
- better animations with AnimEDS
- transition animation (in jumps, mostly)
- improved parallax scrolling
- Bilou may pause at the end of a downward slope. Just release the DPAD and move forward again.
- Bilou may get stuck in corners. I need to figure how and why.
- Dumbladors can be trapped mid air.
- If the bottom screen turns pink, you've entered debug mode -- known as InspectorWidget. Press 'L' trigger for frame-by-frame game or hold 'L' and press 'START' again to resume "normal" gaming.
- if all you can see is "efs:/strtrk.xm not found" on black background, you're using an incompatible linker or emulator. If you're using desmume, you need to add "--gbaslot-rom=self" on the command line.
Oh, this is the 700th post, by the way ^_^
vu sur dev-fr.org, et - chose amusante - c'est aussi mon 700eme post sur dev-fr (et ça, je jure que c'est pas fait exprès :P)
edit: just understood and fixed the slope issues.