Sunday, August 02, 2026

LEDS ... The forgotten branch

I completely forgot to tell you about that patch from early June that allowed to see clearly the space occupied by larger monsters in LEDS. And I forgot to pull it from "the cube" and to push it on sourceforge, too.

It did not work exactly how I hoped though, so there was still some manual tweaking to get those bouncy branches properly aligned with the tiled tree when I assembled the tree, and I even figured out why. But well, June was fairly crowded IRL.

I even missed to mention that when testing the new tree at my fairy's birthday, my brother almost immediately soft-locked Bilou by just trying to walk from a tiled branch to the sprite branch. It took me some time and a good deal of DDD to realise what was happening: the bouncy-block hidden within the branch would only progress in its state machine if something was falling on it but in this very case, Bilou isn't falling. So Bilou did the transition to the "soft-landing" state while the thing he's landing on ignored him altogether.

So I'm taking a moment this morning to try a patch I think was still required: seeing some random collision box will not help you craft your level. What you need to see is the bounding box of the object, the one that materialize its presence in the world.

...

edit: Ah. Yeah, of course. I'll have to push that new patch, else I'll start hunting for it again when I'll want it running on NDS for more map patching ^^"

No comments: